terça-feira, 17 de setembro de 2013

Cover from Canada: FDC US Navy Day 1945

A few days ago I received a letter from Laura, Canada with some nice FDCs from U.S....
One is the FDC about Navy Day, 27 October 1945 in New York Harbor. It was a big celebration shortly after the end of World War II.
On that day President Truman paid tribute to four million men and women in the Navy, Marines and Coast Guard ships and that led to victory in World War II.



I found the text of the speech at the site of the University of Virginia. It's a history lesson and also a record of the concern to maintain freedom and peace in the world.

Thank you Laura!

2 comentários:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog, You have a nice one too! Are you interested in a link exchange? Of course we can exchange some covers too... ;)
    Greetings from Austria, Florian

    ResponderExcluir
  2. I would like to exchange with FDC from Austria or mint stamps issued in 2013 too. I can send FDC issued in 2013 by the Brazilian Post or mint stamps. I will send an email for you. Thank you.

    ResponderExcluir